Leaders of 16 Oklahoma-based companies called for Congress to take immediate steps to enact legislation to address the worsening economic crisis in America.
Even though the CEOs represent different political philosophies and various businesses, they are united in the belief that the continued inability of Congress to act on resolving the worst U.S. financial crisis since the Great Depression will result in real and potentially dangerous economic consequences for every Oklahoman.
Oklahoma CEOs and leaders issuing the following joint statement include:
* Clay Bennett, Chairman of the Oklahoma City (NBA) Thunder
* David Boren, President of the University of Oklahoma
* Bill Cameron, CEO of American Fidelity Assurance Company
* Pete Delaney, Chairman, President and CEO of OGE Energy Corp.
* John Gibson, CEO of ONEOK and Chairman and CEO of ONEOK Partners
* Burns Hargis, President of Oklahoma State University
* Harold Hamm, Chairman and CEO of Continental Resources, Inc.
* Cliff Hudson, Chairman and CEO of Sonic Corp.
* George Kaiser, Chairman of BOK Financial Corporation
* Robert E. Lorton III, Publisher, Tulsa World
* Aubrey McClendon, Chairman and CEO of Chesapeake Energy Corporation
* Larry Nichols, Chairman and CEO of Devon Energy Corporation
* Gene Rainbolt, Chairman of BancFirst Corporation
* George Records Sr., Chairman of Midland Financial Co.
* Stacy Schusterman, Chairman and CEO of Samson
* Tom Ward, Chairman and CEO of SandRidg