First Christian Church of Owasso has broken ground on a $6.7 million building project that will serve as a new worship center.
The church was formed in 1972 and has been in their current 86th Street location since 1980. FCC has expoanded their facilities three times and has expanded three times, most recently in 1992.
The facility, which will seat 800, is to include 31,000 SF of classroom and gathering space and being built in the 1000 block of East 106th Street North, near the Bailey Medical Center.
The church was designed to function as a performing arts center, with almost $1 million allocated for lighting and A/V improvements. Studio Architecture PC of Oklahoma City served as the architect for the project.
Expansion phases will allow seating for 1,000 in the building.
The Larkin Bailey Foundation of Tulsa donated twenty acres to the church in 1998 for the construction of the new church facility.
Wallace Engineering of Tulsa is serving as the structural and civil engineers and Engineering Design Associates of Tulsa is serving as the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers.
The structure is being built of Nabholz Construction of Tulsa and will be completed in August of 2007.
Currently, FCC-Owasso meets at 12200 E. 86th St. North.