TCC to Break Ground on $6.2 Million Expansion

The west campus of Tulsa Community College, 7505 W. 41st St., will soon break ground on a $6.2 million Science and Mathematics Building.
The 26,000-SF building was designed by Fritz Baily Architects, 1836 S. Baltimore Ave. Nabholz Construction, 10319 E. 54th St., which previously renovated the 50,000-SF TCC-Metro Campus, will serve as the construction manager on the project.
The building, designed to emulate the existing campus structures, will be connected to the Science and Mathematics Building by a second-story enclosed walkway.
The building, which will include biology and botany labs, office space, a conference center, a lecture classroom, a computer lab and two multimedia classrooms, is expected to be complete by January 2009.
The facility will also contain two student collaboration areas designed for impromptu interaction as well as two-story lobby space featuring a grand staircase. Information will be displayed in the building on a video wall made up of multiple flat screen television monitors.
The TCC-West Campus, the newest of TCC’s educational sites, was added in 1996 and is on West 41st Street in the Sand Springs area. The 80-acre campus contains six buildings, encompassing 143,971 SF, including a 7,122-SF child development center.



Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Leave A Comment?